Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Escape This!

This is something that not many people know about me.

Officially I am one belt away from my black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I started studying when I was 13, and loved it. I was eventually put onto performance teams, and doing my tests, complimenting my upcoming dance career. I also taught as well, both children and adults, and again did performing teams. I felt so strong and in control. 

This is what is the hardest to get my head around. I feel so out of control, my body is betraying me and there is nothing I can do about it. 

My next door neighbour was robbed yesterday. I feel terrible, I was home, but didn't hear anything but the renovations to an apartment upstairs. I didn't have the TV on during the time, and I didn't hear talking. I love my building for the apparent security measures. 

I am nervous, and trying to remain in control of my alone time. I'm not sure what I can do - since I have no strength, I can't run, let alone walk much. I have bear spray, which I will keep within arm's reach again. I grew up with a packed bag and hair spray by the bed, and a planned an escape route. I cannot escape now. 


I want so much to escape - become in control again. I want to escape the pain, the worries, the everything. I can't defend myself, and I hate that I am so weak. I hate that these thoughts are controlling my out of controlled new self. 

I feel like prey. I have been in emergency situations, yet I am still not used to being the emergency.

Escape. Fight or flight.  Too weak for either.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this! I feel like for the first 15 years of my life I was in fight or flight mode constantly and it just seemed to give out altogether.

    Hope you feel more in control soon!
    xo

    Annie

    ReplyDelete