Saturday, May 7, 2011

Roses and Laughter

Mother's Day often comes round every year with many emotions. I have been lucky enough to have the mother that I have. We both say that we raised each other. From day one, it was her and me in the world, even though we did have other family too, but we had this unmistakable bond.

She taught me humour, adventures, to be strong, to move on, to be.
We are best of friends, and still you can't take us anywhere without our rebel streaks and glints in the eyes that come out. Usually followed by fits of laughter and tears. We are very much alike.

When I got so sick, I didn't want this 'adventure'. I found no humour, I wasn't strong, and I hated myself greatly, wondering what I had done to deserve this. I never felt sorry for myself, but it was frightening to witness new terrible things happening inside me, and that I almost fell to the illness already.

We went through a very tough road, to the point where I couldn't have her 'vent' to me about my being so sick. She said that we were best friends, and that's what we do. The hardest thing I ever said to her was, yes, we are, but right now, I need you to be my mom. Snap. She has been amazing in taking care of me. She still sees me for the real me, the same adventurous, humourous, rebel little child I was. I am not just sick. I am still me in here despite us all watching how my body is destroying me.

I know not everyone is lucky enough to have a mother like I have, and things have changed greatly. 

Happy Mother's Day, no matter who you celebrate with. It is a day to celebrate. 

I wonder if my cat got me a card? 

No comments:

Post a Comment